Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Choose a topic that interests you and will hold your attention. If you do, the research will be more enjoyable!
Can’t think of a topic to research?
The Research Assignment - Define the Task
Before selecting a topic or starting your research, make sure you understand your assignment. Consider:
- Have you been assigned a topic or can you pick your own?
- How many pages/words do you need to write? How long is your presentation?
- Do you need to include specific types of sources (e.g. scholarly journal, book, etc.)?
- When is the assignment due? How much time do you have to research?
- Is currency of information important?
When in doubt, consult with your instructor.